Customized Imaging Modules
As a contract manufacturer with our own production facilities, we develop and produce imaging modules and special microscopes for machine manufacturers in industry and biomedicine.
Our solutions are platform-based, equipped with the latest technologies and manufactured according to the latest manufacturing standards.
We distinguish five different platforms:
1. Machine Vision Microscopes
Our imaging modules focus on image fields smaller than 10x10mm.
They are compact plug&play imaging modules that we offer as standard solutions as well as custom modify for machine builders or product manufacturers. They are digital microscopes with the character of 'vision sensors', perfectly suited for image processing solutions or AI applications.
We are happy to support you in the design and connection to your infrastructure.
2. Bioscreening solutions
In the life science and medical markets, Opto Imaging modules are ideally suited to automate diagnostic imaging.
We distinguish here between three different types of solutions:
- Flow modules (microfluidic, flow cythometry) where the analysis is performed by evaluating experiments on microfluidic chips
- Chip modules (multi-fluorescence, single-cell analysis) in which individual cells or anomalies must be scanned with high precision on a fixed chip at high magnifications (20x on chip).
- Well modules (high-throughput screening) where well plates of different sizes have to be scanned as fast as possible, mostly in transmitted light, and in an inverse setup.
3. Opto own software architecture Fortress
Fortress Opto's own software development platform from which we derive our software solutions - after more than 20 years of development work, many algorithms, drivers and SDKs are mature. They are gradually finding their way into our own plugins and customer applications:
- OptoViewer 2.0 is the standard operating and measurement software for our IM family
- for individual niche applications plugins are developed in OptoViewer, which turns each module into a vision sensor
- Custom GUI and image processing solutions
4. solino™ Technology for automatic display of surface anomalies
solino™ is Opto's own computational imaging solution for tasks in:
- Predictive maintenance
- Quality Control
- process assurance
- Product Classification
- Image-based AI solutions
For local spot checks or development work as well as for integration into a manufacturing environment we have developed the IM-solino 10x12. With its field of view of 10mmx12mm it is perfectly designed for detailed anomaly detection in the micrometer range.
For integration into customer-specific tasks or the development of own products around our solino™ solution, we also offer pure software support or a license model.
5. Automation of microscopy solutions
The request to integrate imaging modules into defined motion sequences is regularly made by OEM customers. Typical tasks are:
- digital magnification adjustment
- various autofocus solutions
- Precise and fast micro/nano X-Y positioning
- Designs of high speed motorized fluorescence filter wheels.
- Solutions for motorized lens changers
- Development of customized GUI and image processing solutions
We have been supplying these solutions to global companies for over 40 years, and they have thus been integrated into hundreds of machines.
Together with our own specific controllers, we have many drivers and software interfaces to quickly integrate the solutions into your application and logistics.
In addition to hardware automation, we also offer software support at all levels of automation - all from a single source.
Looking for a solution for you?
Write us your need and we will find the solution