Test & Measurement
The Opto Imaging Modules are available with integrated diffuse LED ring light illumination (fully or segmented controllable) as well as a coaxial incident light LED.
Various magnifications, working distances and optical contrast methods are available within the different form factors.
USB3 or GigE versions for machine builders and integrators.
Typical applications are:
- SMD testing
- Image based hardness testing
- Crimp analysis
- Quality and control requirements
- Documentation units
- Industry 4.0 - Sensor solutions
- Overview and detail digital zoom
Solutions for ...
Optical quality control
Test & Measurement refers to all industrial applications where microscopic structures have to be displayed and analyzed.
Here are some examples where the imaging modules are used:
- Semiconductor technology, SMD inspection, solder joint analysis
- Automotive, quality control, process control, cylinder inspection
- Metallography (hardness testing, crimp analysis, weld inspection)
- Energy, solar wafer inspection
Fabrics, filters and sieves - measuring and classifying
Optical measurement of mesh sizes with the compact 'Profile Projector'
In contrast to mechanical testing methods with test sand or glass balls, optical measurement of mesh dimensions is a fast and reliable measuring method and ideal for inline control of manufacturing results in an Industry 4.0 environment.
Imaging modules for materials science
- Grain and microstructure analysis of metals
- predictive maintenance of production processes
- quality control of mechanical parts
- damage assessment of metal malfunctions
- IM-compact M (MVM) with integrated ring and coaxial illumination
- small footprint with portable microscope stand and case
- free easy-to-use OptoViewer 2.0 software
- pre-calibrated modules, ready for immediate use
- All-in-one digital microscope
- micrometer/pixel resolution with large FoV
- high contrast and color stability
- image reproducibility
Wafer and PCB inspection with imaging modules
- optical failure analysis, quality control and documentation of ICs, FPGAs, BGAs
- one-sided, two-sided or multilayer PCB inspection
- detection of cracks, short circuits, defective electrical connections or bridges
- optical post-bond / post-reflow inspection with pin counting and component identification
- detection of irregularities in the wafer coating
- analysis of impurities, cracks or identification of particles and scratches
- IM-compact M or IM-linea XL in monochrome or color version
- application optimized optoelectronics available in USB 3.1 or GigE - Plug&Play
- easy to use and free OptoViewer 2.0 software
- various SDK and toolkits as well as BV plugins for machine integration
- All-in-one digital microscope optimized for mobile use
- more compact than conventional microscopes
- reliable image data with highest image quality and good color fidelity
- good price-performance ratio with software support
Wafer-Screening mit einem IM·compact M Digitalmikroskop
An IM-compact M digital microscope is ideally suited for analyzing reflective wafer surfaces and displaying the smallest structures.
The following features are unique in a single vision sensor:
- integrated coaxial top-view brightfield illumination
- compact and robust design
- quick change between different modules
- apochromatic corrected microscope optics with long working distance
- 5MP IMX Sony image sensor
- open software architecture with own SDK
Weld seam inspection
The analysis of welding results is a typical challenge for metallography laboratories. The Machine Vision Microscope (MVM) with coaxial and ring light illumination is perfect for micro weld inspection.
A digital plug & play microscope.
- System magnification: 3.75x
- FoV [mm]: 2.3 x 1.9
- Working distance [mm]: 37
- Measuring resolution [µm/pixel]: 0.9
- Sensor: 5MP Sony IMX264 monochrome
- Interface: USB 3.1 Gen1
With the free OptoViewer it is also possible to easily perform pre-calibrated measurements.
Hardness test (Vickers & Brinell)
Microhardness testing requires very high quality optical microscopy images. Opto has been supplying imaging modules to this industry for years.
solinoTM offers considerable added value in this respect:
- using reflection analysis, micro indentations or other anomalies on a large surface can be detected
- with a standard camera, the position of a μm-sized incision within a large area can be determined
- due to the solinoTM technology used, the 'Vision' setup is independent of the object surface or ambient light conditions